We are thrilled to announce our final jury for One Prize 2011!
Commissioner Amanda Burden, Chair of the NYC Planning Commission, has agreed to chair a dynamic selection of jury members for the ONE PRIZE 2011 Award, an open international design competition to envision Water as the Sixth Borough of New York City.
Amanda Burden, an urban planner and civic activist, is Chair of the New York City Planning Commission and Director of the Department of City Planning. Since her appointment in 2002, she has spearheaded Mayor Bloomberg’s economic development initiatives with comprehensive urban design master plans, catalyzing commercial and residential development throughout the city and reclaiming the waterfront.
This year, Commissioner Burden will be joined by a distinguished panel of thinkers and designers, including:
- Kate Ascher, Vornado Realty Trust in Manhattan
- Adrian Benepe, NYC Department of Parks & Recreation
- Wellington Chen, Chinatown Partnership LDC
- Michael Colgrove, NYSERDA NYC Office
- James Corner, James Corner Field Operations
- Helena Durst, The Durst Organization Inc.
- David Gouverneur, Department of Landscape Architecture, UPenn
- Matthias Hollwich, Architizer and HWKN
- Bjarke Ingels, BIG – Bjarke Ingels Group
- Roland Lewis, Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance
- Victoria Marshall, Parsons the New School for Design
- Roberta Weisbrod, Ph.D., Sustainable Ports
View the official jury page here.